The cost of an X-ray at CityMD without insurance is around $230 but can be up to $325. The price you pay may depend on the number of X-rays you get, administrative fees, additional tests, and procedures. If you have insurance, the cost of an X-ray will depend on your co-pay once you have reached your deductible.
If you are looking for a more affordable way to get X-rays and other diagnostic tests at urgent care, Mira may be a great option for you. With a Mira membership, you can access low-cost care at over 1,000 walk-in clinics.
The Price of an X-ray at CityMD Depends on Several Factors
The amount you will have to pay for an X-ray at CityMD may vary depending on your injury and insurance status. Below we outline some of the factors that can affect the cost of an X-ray.
- Insurance status: without insurance, you should expect to pay around $230 for an X-ray at CityMD. This price includes the cost of the X-ray and the visit fee. You can be charged up to $325 if you get more than one X-Ray or need to cover additional fees. You will likely need to pay $125 upfront and will be billed later for the remaining fees. If your insurance is accepted by CityMD and you have reached your deductible, you can expect to pay less.
- Type of Insurance: not all insurance plans will cover the cost of the X-ray at CityMD. For example, if you have a plan with a high deductible and have not met your deductible yet, you may be responsible for the total cost of your visit. If you meet your deductible and your insurance is accepted by CityMD, the price that you pay will be determined by your plan’s co-pay.
- Additional Tests: if your injury requires additional diagnostic tests or treatment, such as stitches or bloodwork, you will be responsible for covering the added costs of these services.
- Prescription Medications: depending on your injury, you may be prescribed medication to help manage pain or control infection. You will have to pay for this medication in addition to the cost of an X-ray. Mira’s prescription portal can help you access coupon codes to get discounted prescription medications at pharmacies near you.
Below we’re going to walk through some frequently asked questions about x-rays and when you should get one done. It’s important to listen to the recommendations of your doctor and make sure you understand what your insurance covers before scheduling the test.
Get healthcare for 80% less.
Mira helps you get healthcare services for up to 80% less than paying out of pocket or going through insurance. As seen on Forbes, Axios, and CNBC.
Are X-rays harmful to my health?
When getting an X-ray, you will be exposed to low levels of radiation. The amount of radiation you are exposed to depends on the part of your body being
In general, the level of radiation emitted from a standard X-ray is so low that it will not be harmful to your health. The amount of radiation from a simple X-ray is approximately equal to the level of radiation you are exposed to each day from natural sources.
Therefore, the benefits of getting a standard X-ray typically outweigh the risks. Other types of X-rays, such as CT scans, emit higher levels of radiation and are ordered less frequently than standard X-rays. CityMD and most urgent care centers do not offer these types of scans.
If you may be pregnant, it is important to notify your provider because certain X-rays may pose additional health risks while pregnant.
When should I get an X-ray?
You may decide to get an X-ray to help diagnose fractured bones and other medical conditions. According to The Mayo Clinic, an X-ray can be used to detect any of the following:
- Broken or fractured bone(s)
- Dislocated Bones
- Lung Infection
- Swallowed Item
- Breast Cancer
You can also receive an X-ray at the emergency room, however, the costs may be significantly higher than CityMD.
What should I do after I receive my x-ray?
Depending on the results of your x-ray, the provider at an urgent care clinic will advise a treatment plan for your injury. If you have a minor injury, such as a sprain, you may be able to get it treated at the urgent care clinic. However, In some cases, your provider at urgent care will recommend that you see a specialist or a primary care provider.
X-Ray Cost at Other Urgent Care Facilities
In addition to CityMD, there are several other urgent care facilities in New York that provide X-rays. Below we outline the cost of getting an X-ray at 4 other urgent cares in New York. You should confirm the price before getting an X-ray, as the cost can vary depending on your medical circumstances.
|Urgent Care||Cost of X-Ray||Locations|
|ProHealth Care||$115 visit fee + about $38 - $153 for ankle X-ray but may be more for other body parts||28 Urgent Care facilities in NY|
|MedRite Urgent Care||$120 visit fee + $50 for an X-ray with 2 view + $25 for each additional view||13 Urgent Care facilities in NY|
|GoHealth Urgent Care||$120 visit fee + $60 per body part||52 Urgent Care facilities in NY|
|ModernMD Urgent Care||$99 visit fee + $50 for X-ray||7 Urgent Care facilities in NY|
How To Pay Less for X-Rays
If you don’t have insurance or have a high deductible plan, a membership with Mira can help you pay less for services, such as X-rays. For only $45/month, Mira members have access to low-cost services. The co-pay for getting an X-ray at an urgent care as a Mira member is only $99.
In addition, there are several ways that you can advocate for yourself at urgent care and get all of the information you need to know about the cost of your visit. Below are some questions you can ask to understand how much you will pay for an X-ray at an urgent care facility:
- How much will the X-ray cost?
- Is one type of X-ray more expensive than another?
- Will I need to receive additional tests?
- How much will this prescription medicine cost?
- Is there an office visit fee?
- What other administrative fees can I expect?
- Are there alternatives to acquiring an X-ray?
The price of an x-ray at CityMD will depend on several factors, such as your insurance or health coverage status. You’ll be charged a minimum of $230 but it could be as high as $325 if you’re tasked with getting additional images taken for your unique situation. Having a partner that caps the costs on your behalf would be beneficial and could provide a nice peace of mind that you’ll be able to get the x-ray you need at the right moment.