Empire BlueCross Silver vs Healthfirst Silver - Reviews & Which is best?

Mira Research Team
Mira Research Team12 Mar 2021
Reviewed and Fact Checked ✔️

With the fall open enrollment period just a few short months away, it‚s an excellent time to reassess your health insurance options for 2021. There are four different metal tiers of insurance coverage for individual and family plans, starting with bronze which offers the lowest level of cost-sharing. The other tiers are made up of silver, gold, and platinum, the highest level of coverage. Here we are going to take a look at two leading silver plans.


What do Silver Plans Cover?

Silver health insurance plans cover the majority of your medical costs, and as a result, they have higher monthly premiums, but significantly lower deductibles than their bronze counterparts. Silver plans are designed to cover around 70% of your medical costs on average, with you picking up the remaining 30%.


Health Image

Get affordable doctor copay without paying insurance premiums

Join 39,000 people and get Mira, the best alternative to traditional insurance. Enroll and use immediately. Plans start at only $45/mo.

Mira Research Team

The Mira Research team conducts original data and medical research on the most applicable topics of today and translates them into easy-to-understand articles to educate the public. Each of our articles is carefully reviewed and curated with interviews and opinions from medical experts, public health officials, and experienced administrators. The team has educational backgrounds from New York University, the University of Virginia, more.

Get Health BenefitsGet Lab TestsTalk Therapy
Get ObamaCare
> See Plans