Open enrollment for 2021 is quickly approaching, making the next few weeks an opportune time to assess the available health insurance options. Concerning individual and family plans available on the exchange, there are four different metal tiers of insurance coverage, starting with bronze which offers the lowest level of cost-sharing.
In this article, we are going to focus our attention on this metal tier specifically.
What Are Bronze Health Insurance Plans?
Bronze health insurance plans are designed to cover a lower proportion of your medical costs, and as a result, they have lower monthly premiums. However, they have significantly higher deductibles as a consequence. Bronze plans are designed to cover around 60% of your medical costs on average, with you picking up the remaining 40%.
Is a Bronze Plan the Right Fit for Me?
Being on the bottom rung of health insurance plans, bronze plans are best-suited to those who are young, fit, and healthy. They are a good option for those of you seeking protection from worst-case medical scenarios. However, you‚ll have to pay full price for the vast majority of routine care.
You can learn more about which health insurance plans are best-suited to you with our useful health insurance guide.
The Mira Research team conducts original data and medical research on the most applicable topics of today and translates them into easy-to-understand articles to educate the public. Each of our articles is carefully reviewed and curated with interviews and opinions from medical experts, public health officials, and experienced administrators. The team has educational backgrounds from New York University, the University of Virginia, more.