Where & How To Get A COVID-19 Vaccine In Philadelphia?
- Philadelphia is in phase 1b of distributing the Covid-19 vaccine. Pennsylvania has distributed 972,742 COVID-19 vaccines. They are projected to reach herd immunity by June 2021.
- If you are interested in receiving the vaccine but are not eligible as of yet, you can fill out the Covid-19 vaccine interest form to stay informed about when you get the vaccine.
- There are multiple ways to receive the Covid-19 vaccine in Philadelphia, including primary care centers, hospitals, pharmacies, and medical centers.
What you need to know about the COVID-19 Vaccine in Philadelphia
The Covid-19 vaccines produced by Pfizer/ BioNTech and Moderna are available for administration in the United States. Below is some important information to know about the COVID-19 vaccines:
- Both of the vaccines are 94% effective in preventing COVID-19.
- Both vaccines were made with mRNA; this is not a live virus vaccine.
- In order for the vaccine to create a robust immune response, it requires two doses. The Pfizer doses must be administered 21 days apart from one another and Moderna doses must be administered 28 days apart.
- It's essential that the second dose you get is the same brand as the first dose.
- Vaccines will take complete effect about 10 days after the second dose; however, it is still extremely important to continue social distancing and mask-wearing even after being vaccinated.
Here's where you can receive a Covid-19 vaccine in Philadelphia
The Covid-19 vaccine is available in Philadelphia, PA for those who qualify in phases 1a and 1b.
If you are interested in receiving the vaccine but are not eligible as of yet, you can fill out the Covid-19 vaccine interest form to stay informed about when you get the vaccine.
There’s currently no statewide sign-up system in Pennsylvania. However, the Pennsylvania Department of Health has created a vaccine eligibility quiz that will help you determine if you can get the vaccine.
Once you’re eligible, you can schedule an appointment with a provider below.
Centennial Pharmacy Services
1020 N Delaware Ave, STE 200
Boyd’s Pharmacy of Mansfield
23202 Columbus Road, Suite E, Columbus, NJ 08022
950 Henderson Blvd
8110 Old York Rd Suite B
Morrell Park Pharmacy
3808 Morrell Avenue
Rite Aid Store #02442
950 East Baltimore Pike
Rite Aid Store #00679
123 South 69th Street
Get Mira - Health Benefits You Can Afford.
Get doctor visits, lab tests, prescription, and more. Affordable copays. Available in 45+ states. Only $45/month on average.
Rite Aid Store #02797
1401 West Cheltenham Avenue
Rite Aid Store #11160
200 W. Ridge Avenue Ste 112
Giant Pharmacy 7427
315 York Road
Giant Pharmacy 6522
1874 Bethlehem Pike
Fairmount Primary Care Center
1412 Fairmount Ave
Hospitals or Medical Centers
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
3401 Civic Center Blvd
Fairmount Primary Care at Girard Medical Center
801 W Girard Ave
Virtual care for only $25 per visit
Virtual primary care, urgent care, and behavioral health visits are only $25 with a Mira membership.
Maria de Los Santos Health Center
401 W. Allegheny Ave
Grand View Hospital
700 Lawn Ave
Community Health and Dental Care
351 W Schuylkill Rd
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Mercy Catholic Medical Center
1500 Landsdowne Avenue
Abington Jefferson Health
1200 Old York Road
You can find all Covid-19 distribution centers in Pennsylvania here.
The Covid-19 vaccine is available in Philadelphia for all who qualify in Phase 1a & 1b
Philadephia is currently in phase 1b of vaccinations. The following people are currently eligible to get vaccinated:
- Hospital staff
- Long-term care facility residents
- COVID testing site
- COVID vaccination & lab staff
- Long-term care facility staff
- Emergency medical services
- Home health care
- Prison health services
- Outpatient clinics, FQHCs
- Unaffiliated healthcare providers
- First responders
- Persons working in congregate residential settings
- Service providers working with high-risk populations
- Persons residing in congregate settings
- Public transit Persons age 75+
- Food distribution, prep, or service
- Persons with high-risk medical conditions
- Childcare, Education providers
- High volume essential retail
- Manufacturing critical goods
You can check your eligibility here.
How Much Will The Covid-19 Vaccine Cost In Philadelphia?
Several hundred million doses of the COVID-19 vaccines were brought to the U.S. via Operation Warp Speed.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced that the COVID-19 vaccine will be of no cost to everyone who receives it.
Administrators, however, may charge for the administration of the vaccine if you are receiving the vaccine at a private healthcare provider’s office or pharmacy. Our calculations estimate that COVID-19 vaccine administration will cost between $16 and $29 per dose.
When the government no longer purchases vaccines, it's likely individuals will have to pay out-of-pocket for the vaccine, or with insurance coverage. The cost is estimated between $25 and $58 for a COVID-19 vaccination.
The Mira Research team conducts original data and medical research on the most applicable topics of today and translates them into easy-to-understand articles to educate the public. Each of our articles is carefully reviewed and curated with interviews and opinions from medical experts, public health officials, and experienced administrators. The team has educational backgrounds from New York University, the University of Virginia, more.