- As of December 23rd, there have been 21,168 cases of COVID in San Fransisco with an average of 283 new cases per day
- Rapid and PCR tests are offered at clinics such as CityHealth Urgent Care, Carbon Health, and Dignity Health
- Based on our research, most rapid tests will cost between $0 - $125 without insurance
San Fransisco COVID Situation Update
Due to a recent surge of COVID cases in San Fransisco, the Department of Health is restricting certain activities. Some of the new restrictions include:
- Total capacity for indoor locations is limited to 20% and capacity for standalone grocery stores is 35%
- Indoor dining is suspended until further notice
- If traveling to San Fransisco from outside the Bay Area, there is a mandatory 10 day quarantine upon arrival
Should I Get a Rapid or PCR Test?
Rapid and PCR tests are both used to diagnose active infections of COVID-19. In general, PCR tests are more accurate than rapid tests. However, it can take up to a week to get results from a PCR test while you can get results from a rapid test within one hour.
If you can wait around a week to get test results, you should get a PCR test. But if you need to get results immediately in order to return to work, a rapid test may be best for you. Your provider may want to confirm a negative rapid test result by doing a PCR test as well.
Rapid COVID testing is available in San Fransisco at these locations
There are several locations in the San Francisco Bay Area that are conducting COVID-19 testing. Rapid (antigen) tests are typically done through a saliva sample and can yield results in less than one hour. Many insurance companies will cover the cost of tests, but we included the out-of-pocket cost for COVID-19 rapid tests without insurance.
Knowledge is power, share this article
|Testing Site||Rapid Test Cost||Site Information|
|CityHealth Urgent Care||Free with a valid U.S. form of identification||300 Jessie E, San Francisco, CA, 94103|
|Dignity Health - Go Health||Must inquire||3900 Piedmont Ave, Oakland, CA 94611|
|Downtown Medical Group||$100||450 Sutter St #1723, San Francisco, CA 94108|
|Stat Med Urgent Care||$125||Locations in Concord, Lafayette, and Livermore|
PCR COVID testing is available in San Fransisco at these locations
PCR tests for COVID-19 can either be done through a saliva sample or nasal swab and results are typically available in a few days. COVID-19 testing is free for residents of San Fransisco who present with symptoms and for essential workers if tested at a CityTestSF location. You can reserve a time for a test at one of these locations using the following link.
|Testing Site||PCR Test Cost||Site Information|
|City Bay Urgent Care||$100 for evaluation and test collection + additional cost for the actual test||2131 Irving Street, San Francisco, CA 94122|
|Carbon Health||$170||See website for locations|
|Kaiser Permanente||Free for members||Make account to get location|
|San Fransisco Urgent Care||Must inquire||55 2nd StreetGround FloorSan Francisco, CA, 94105 |
|Valencia Regional Lab - City Of San Francisco||Free||1800 Oakdale Ave San Francisco, CA, 94124|
|Stanford Health Testing||Must inquire||See website for locations|
Healthcare Can Be Confusing, Here Are Some More Resources:
- How to get an at-home COVID test
- Where & How to Get Tested for COVID-19 in Los Angeles, CA?
- How much does urgent care cost without insurance?
- Can my dogs get coronavirus?
- Is the COVID vaccine safe?